Thursday 27 September 2007

Spesis Luar Biasa?

The usual saying, which goes more or less like this:

"Lovers come and go, friends stay forever"

or another which sounds something like...

"Boyfriends/Girlfriends are easy to find, but true friends aren't"

OK, gila bullcrap and tak sedap ayat aku tu, but you do get the gist of it kan? I can't remember the exact Shakespearean structure of it, but it goes along that line.

Hmm... I'd have to say that the above two statements are not that valid anymore, when you actually come to think of it.

How about when a *God-send bloke/chick comes along your way, and it actually jeapordizes (did I get the spelling rite???) your friendship with your best buddy?

The normal feedback:

#1. How can you actually let some random guy/girl get in the way of your valuable friendship??

#2. How can you even have the nerve to choose him/her over our friendship??

It's SO TRUE that your friends are the ones who become your confidante in times of a breakdown, the shoulder to cry on when your boyfriend dumps you, go through thick and thin with you and they even voluntarily prepare their ears for the worse - the dreaded recycled stories about you and your current or former beau, which you recite without fail.

But I guess there comes a time, when you reach a point in your life - like this point, now, when you approach your expiry date: quarter of a century; where you just need to choose that God-send bloke/chick. Yup, even if it means giving up your bestfriend (of the same gender that is).

Like babe, at the end of the day, I don't think you would wanna get married to your bestfriend, OR DO YOU??

I bet it bloody hurts. Especially when the friendship and the love relationship gets messy and blows outta proportion. OK. Crap. When your best buddy ends up with the guy/girl you LIKE. LIKE A LOT. LOVE maybe.

Your heart just accelerates downwards and it breaks into itty-bitty pieces.

It's like being hammered in the chest, and you're just waiting for your time to die. I guess you'd rather mampos than go thru that loadsa cow dung. I think I would, well at that particular moment jek kot. Huhuhuu...

I can't imagine being in that situation, but I know one thing for sure - I'd go nuts. Perhaps its true that only time will tell, whether the friendship will ever patch up and the bestfriends would just kiss and make-up (ewww..).

But how would we know if that so-called God-send cherubic other half of yours is worth the sacrifice?

Would we ever know pon? Kalau ade actuarial formula to determine the confidence interval of the worthiness of your beau/gf, I'd be the first to know. But takde laa beb. So, it's another f**king trial and error.

Double whammy crappiness.

What's your say?

8 comments:

tuNKu ShOsh said...

i know one thing for sure, i'd never marry you. but have you taking care of my babies. so we still get to do the parent thing together but no intercourse, please.

hows dat?

tuNKu ShOsh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I understand that there are some problems
And I am not too blind to know
All the pain you kept inside you
Even though you might not show
If I can apologize for being wrong
Then it’s just a shame on me
I’ll be the reason for your pain and you can put the blame on me

You can put the blame on me
Said you can put the blame on me
You can put the blame on me…

Maymay Adzaman said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

It's not wise to take it as trial/error; though how uncertain the outcome may be. Take calculative risk, is the best way.

But frankly, I'm not practicing what I preach here.

But as a dear friend once said to me; one can never have too much hope, but have faith.

It's jeopardizes, btw ;)

Anonymous said...

Ahaaa...

A topic so close to my heart. All I can say is; the decisions/choices we make, defines who we are. Our character. And our priorities. Who we love, who we love less. As for me, my friends are my kindred, troops whom I battle alongside with and hurt them I shall not. :)

Btw, I would SO marry my best friend! (Especially if he's like, Keanu) :P Wouldn't settle for less than best. Hehe. Who ever said that best friends come in the same gender anyways?

Word of advice? Take care of Shosh. :-* Muaah!

Anonymous said...

"Goodbye My Lover"

Did I disappoint you or let you down?
Should I be feeling guilty or let the judges frown?
'Cause I saw the end before we'd begun,
Yes I saw you were blinded and I knew I had won.
So I took what's mine by eternal right.
Took your soul out into the night.
It may be over but it won't stop there,
I am here for you if you'd only care.
You touched my heart you touched my soul.
You changed my life and all my goals.
And love is blind and that I knew when,
My heart was blinded by you.
I've kissed your lips and held your hand.
Shared your dreams and shared your bed.
I know you well, I know your smell.
I've been addicted to you.

Goodbye my lover.
Goodbye my friend.
You have been the one.
You have been the one for me.

I am a dreamer and when i wake,
You can't break my spirit - it's my dreams you take.
And as you move on, remember me,
Remember us and all we used to be
I've seen you cry, I've seen you smile.
I've watched you sleeping for a while.
I'd be the father of your child.
I'd spend a lifetime with you.
I know your fears and you know mine.
We've had our doubts but now we're fine,
And I love you, I swear that's true.
I cannot live without you.

Goodbye my lover.
Goodbye my friend.
You have been the one.
You have been the one for me.

And I still hold your hand in mine.
In mine when I'm asleep.
And I will bare my soul in time,
When I'm kneeling at your feet.
Goodbye my lover.
Goodbye my friend.
You have been the one.
You have been the one for me.

I'm so hollow, baby, I'm so hollow.
I'm so, I'm so, I'm so hollow.
I'm so hollow, baby, I'm so hollow.
I'm so, I'm so, I'm so hollow.

Iron Butterfly said...

sape yg suker Keanu nih? aihhh..