Saturday 24 November 2007

How Would You Like Your Head To Be Whacked, Sir?

Acquaintance: So, where do you work?

Maylin: In CIMB Aviva...

A: Owhh... Aviva?

M: Yeah, it's an insurance company from UK which merged with CIMB Group.

A: Owwhh... So, you agent laa??

M: *about to choke* (pause)
Nope, I'm an Actuarial Executive.

A: Ack..Ektu...(??) *distorted face*

M: Ack-chuay-reeyel. We deal with a lot of numbers, mortality rates, we create the products... But I handle the Reinsurance & Retakaful part... (why am I still explaining????)

A: Macam accounting laaa?

M: *gulp* *inhale*
No... but we do work closely with the Finance people tho'.

A: Ouwh.. *bored face*

M: Would you excuse me...? I need to go to the ladies. I'll be back in a minute - (after I flush my face in the toilet bowl *grunting silently*)

********

M: Sorry to make you wait. XXX belum sampai lagi? Where is she ek?

A: Belum... nanti dia sampai.

M: Ok... So, where do you work?

A: I work in Petronas*.

M: Ohhh... so (you tukang pump minyak kat) which (petrol station ek??) department?


- End -


Petronas* - original company was changed.


********************************

Is "agent" THE ONLY position available in an insurance company?? No offense, not looking down upon agents at all. They make more moolah than I do, seriously. Respect them for that.

I'm just crossed when we people can't think or associate anything else with insurance companies. Or any other company/department for that matter.

OK, understood. Not everyone knows what Actuarial yuppies do. Fine.

But... *sigh*

Can we all try to think slightly beyond the normal and mundane? Like ACCA is NOT the only Professional Accounting exam in this whole wide world. There's also CiMA.

Nevermind. I don't think many will see my point.

As usual, I just wanna let it out.

Cheers everyone.


~The Stressed & Stinky~




3 comments:

Iron Butterfly said...

hear! hear!! maser aku kat kurnia pon ppl asked the same thing. let's not go to ACCA vs CiMA.. it will be a long long story.

tuNKu ShOsh said...

hahahhaha...

tukar skema jawapan lain kali

..::ciaobella::.. said...

keje bank ehk?bank u senang mintak loan tak?hakakhak..em sure berbuls dgn ayat ni