Monday 5 November 2007

Amigo or Aquaintance?

After my bestie for life shed a tear in my car tonight, it hit me in the left boob - haha, kidding. It hit me right in the forehead of what FRIENDS really mean...

Friends give you the spirit to move on, even when you feel like a bag of cow dung.

They laugh with you, and not at you. But if you have Alif as your friend - she's a pro at laughing AT you. Haha. Love you Lipap!

Friends manage to see how pretty you are on the inside - no matter how huge you are, or how horrifying those crummy zits make you look like. In my case; a giant walking Chips Ahoy.

A friend would wake up early in the morning just to accompany you to see Dr. Ting in Bukit Bintang - even when he only had 3 hours of sleep.

A friend rushes to your side and brushes away all the pain just by giving you that one big bear hug.

Friends listen to your rantings, and whinings and ceaseless matha-fuckaa relationship problems without complaining.

Friends stick with you through rough and blotchy times. They stay with you all the way, even when the lights go out at McDonald's and mosquitoes come in droves and start feeding on you.

They smack you in the head with reality checks, and shake some sense out of you.


Quoting Sic Ron, "Everyone hears what you say. Friends listen to what you say. Best friends listen to what you don't say."

Friends tell you the truth. Period. They don't lie to your face. Full stop.

Friends are not pretentious. They stay grounded and humbly chuck their ego aside.

Friends go through the hassle to fight for your rights and gain back what's yours.

Friends give more then they take. Aquaintances just take.

A friend tries his/her best not to hurt you. Aquaintances just couldn't care less.

Friends make you feel like family. They love you unconditionally. They appreciate you sincerely. They see the best in you.


And you think you have what it takes to be my friend?

11 comments:

Len said...

Ouch. Sakit.

..I know my 'portfolios' and track records might not qualify myself, but I'll try my very best. Learnt my lessons, and I'd use them to our advantages.

That's a promise.

tuNKu ShOsh said...

it scare me that I could clearly recall every situation mentioned above..knew every bit you were saying and NO that sPookey Moak doesn't deserve MY bestie..

ps. dont forget 'A DAY WITH TOSHY' session before the day I say "I DO"

Anonymous said...

Anonymous 1: Trust it must be a hell lotsa fun to have a friend like you, a nice beautiful girl with good heart.

Maymay Adzaman said...

Owwhhh...shoot! You again (Anon#1)!

Anyways, if that was sincere, therefore - thanks.

Anonymous said...

Anonymous 1: It's a sincere thought.

Maymay Adzaman said...

Gracias.

Iron Butterfly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Iron Butterfly said...

am i one of your BFFs???????? (u better give me the right answer May!!)

Maymay Adzaman said...

Alalalaaaa monyet sorg nih... Ye laa... u're my BFF too... I listen to all ur whinings, x i???

Anonymous said...

Anonymous 1: denada Maylin.

Maymay Adzaman said...

U might wanna change ur name Anonet #1. Anonymous 1 isn't appealing.