Monday 27 May 2013

The Art of Not Giving A Rat's Ass

If there's one thing that I should start mastering, it should be 'The Art of Not Giving A Rat's Ass."

Here's why;

I can't please everyone. 

No matter how hard you try, there will always be that one person who will give himself the liberty to underline and italicize your slightest boo boo or imperfections. He'll say it's 'constructive criticism' that should be taken with a dash of salt.

I say it's a stomach-ulcer flare-up agent.


Hey, don't get me wrong. A slice of well-delivered constructive criticism is indeed essential for one's personal growth. But ceaseless unsolicited, ill-timed constructive criticism? Tell me that doesn't feel like you've been bludgeoned with a demotivating mjolnir. Destructive criticism, more like.

If I can't pull the plug on the depressing hammer, then I should just put my iron suit on, and chant the lyrics to the song Titanium.

No comments: