Tuesday 14 August 2012

Drop It

When you're 30, the same question catapults your way from the people around you - "Bila nak kahwin?" There will be a season when the question is nothing but ultimate annoyance; like a group of mosquitoes doing a flash mob right next to your ears. Then there'll  be a season when the question is just like any other ordinary question. It means nothing anymore.

It's mosquito season for me now.

Mama stopped asking if I was dating anyone. She knew I was up to my eyeballs with those inquiries. She just told me something that I never felt was that important, until recently.

Find a man who prays, who makes a point to complete his daily solat 5 times a day.
A man who doesn't see alcohol as H2O.
And the optional 'been-there-done-that ex party goer', who's had enough of all the nonsense. Who understands that too much partying will just give you a hellish life.

Pretty much someone like me.

"If he doesn't pray, or has no intentions to make himself better, then drop him."

Those stern words from Mama haunts me until today.





 

No comments: