Saturday 4 October 2008

I'm Malaysian

I might be occasionally ignorant, or just slightly oblivious of the current situation of the country that I live in - Malaysia. I used to hate politics, because of it's dirty and scummy schemes. I hated when people gather round to moot about it, and it pushes people to the brink of strangling each other to death, metaphorically. I would cringe and wince as people start to raise their voices, because as humans, we usually, always, want to be right.

I guess my view towards politics has changed slightly after being showered with questions by my Papa. He's an avid reader of Malaysian Today, and no doubt a HUUUUUUUGE fan of RPK. Heheh... I'm getting used to the abbreviation now. La la la~
Who else but our hero Raja Petra Kamarudin! So, yeah, I read the trails of No Holds Barred (and other stuff on MT), and pretty much got myself hooked to it.

It's funny how some of our leaders and Malays are downright selfish. Don't you ever wonder what goes on in their pea-size minds? "Hidup Melayu - pergi mampus lah yang lain?" Like, what the hell?? What is there in a race? Semua same je kan? OK. I'm a hippy. Make Love (literally?) and Not War. :)

There was once when I was in the elevator in Great Eastern mall, a Chinese lady looked at my name tag which has MAYLIN printed on it, smiled and asked, "Are you...? Chinese or Malay?" Puzzled with my so-called Chinese name and contradicting dark skin, but slanted eyes.

The elevator door opened. I gave her a wide grin, "I'm Malaysian", and walked out.

I know, so cheesy, but what the heck?

:)

2 comments:

iL4na said...

perfect answer Maylin.

Anonymous said...

yup, one heck of a punch to the belly.
and my dear cuz,
we are 1/4 chinese
thus explain the eyes
ahax!
but whatever,
WE ARE MALAYSIANS!!!